Discover Golf in Taupo
World Class Golf Courses in Taupo
Taupo offers world-class golf courses, all within a 15-minute drive from Taupo Township.
- The world-renowned Wairakei International Golf Club was rated in the top 100 courses in the world by the prestigious US Golf Digest magazine in 2005, and has been described by many international golfers as like 'playing in a botanic garden'.
- The Taupo Golf Club offers two very different courses that are well worth a visit.
- The Centennial Course at the club is the longest women’s course in the country and hosts many of New Zealand’s top amateur events.
- The shorter, flatter and easier Tauhara Course is a nice alternative to its newer neighbour. Both courses have fairway watering which makes them playable in all seasons.
- The Kinloch Golf Club is also stunning, designed by Jack Nicklaus and nestled in a residential community with breath-taking lake views. It is now rated within the top 100 courses in the world outside of the United States. Jack Nicklaus used the natural environment in the design to dictate the shapes of his golf holes. This has produced a beautiful but exceptionally challenging links-like course, in a beautiful and natural environment.